Philosophy of Learning (80% is Psychology Series)

Takeaways from our event on October 10th, 2018. Thanks for the discussions.

10 Takeaways Session 01 1.png

Slides:

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download [3.22 MB]

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

PSYCHOLOGIST and Independent Researcher I'm born in Zurich and grew up in Switzerland. For many years I lived in Tokyo, and also in Pune/India. I'm passionate about developing human potential, which is an overarching theme throughout all my work that is based on research and supported by intuition and art. Through teaching, counseling, and leading indivuals and teams around the world my goal is to inspire with interdisciplinary, innovative, and cross-cultural approaches to personal and professional development for individual well-being and the common good alike. Happy if you reach me on www.mathias-sager.com, connect on social media, or email directly to goodthings@mathias-sager.com. Developing human potential is my passion! - Independent Awareness Intelligence Research (mathias sager - Psychology, global) - MSc in Psychology (University of Liverpool) - Postgraduate in Conflict Management, Leadership and Crisis Communication (University of Applied Sciences Winterthur, Switzerland) - Executive Master in Business Administration (EMBA, iimt Fribourg, Switzerland) - Bachelor in Education Sciences (Switzerland)
  • Hi Mathias,
    One aspect of an individual’s being to be aware of is the impact of culture. This may be subconscious but will likely reveal itself in circumstance, especially in times of fundamental and fast change as in our time. The exploitative nature of human cultural, perhaps most noticeable in the dominance of western civilisation, is being revealed in questioning about human society’s relationship to the ecosystem.

• mathias sager says:

Hi Richard
      I couldn’t agree more. Culture is indeed used to shortcut thinking as it offers answers on how to behave in a specific situation in a given society. Therefore, putting things into different contexts is vital to detect cultural bias. Thanks a lot for your great point.
      What do you think: How can we make our often automated/unconscious culturally shaped thinking more conscious?

• Kalliope says:

This is so seriously fundamental. The education system (at least where I am) is so broken. Kids don’t know how to think for themselves because that is promptly stomped out of them by bureaucracy and tick boxes… And the ones that do, they’re usually medicated because they haven’t been taught the value of respect and submission. It frustrates me to no end.

• mathias sager says:

Hi, and thanks for your valuable comment!
      I can hear you:-). I’m making similar experiences, why I promote the psychological empowerment of people so everybody can learn how to become self-reliable. Current societies/economies don’t have much interest in really empowering people because nobody would work anymore for them under current exploitative conditions. Also, there is an interest in keeping people as consumers. Only if people are not able to think and produce themselves, they will be dependable customers of whom is advertising most effectively. But we have the chance to choose, why change is possible:-)
      All the best!

• Kalliope says:

And if the next generations can’t think for themselves then society will collapse because they don’t know how to think of creative and new solutions. Good luck with promoting psychological empowerment! I’m trying to promote a change of perspective 🙂 they go hand in hand, beside each other, the same but a little different 🙂 xx

• mathias sager says:

Jep, I think too that we’ll see some major societal changes in the future. Yeah, similar. I see also a need in integrating different perspectives as all of them may have some legitimacy (rather than just changing them). Cheers

• Kalliope says:

Yeah! Because otherwise it’s just “patch work repairs” rather than fixing the foundations they’re built upon. But I know it’ll be okay eventually, everything is on a long enough time scale. Just hope it’s not too long.. the sooner the better I think.

• mathias sager says:

We can be there already in parallel, now:-)